The overall aim of BADGE is to empower entrepreneurial women facing double disadvantage to start up their own business by:
- Supporting soft skills development to empower women experiencing double disadvantage for employability and self-employment
- Supporting development of self-efficacy, regaining confidence and motivation for work
- Equipping VET trainers working with this group – the business advisors - with innovative, engaging, tailored support methodologies informed by European best practice
- Decreasing isolation felt by women experiencing double disadvantage through contact with peers both nationally and at European level, improving confidence, language and communication skills
- Making VET practices more attractive to under-represented groups
Within the course of the project the following results will be attained:
- Improved employability of women experiencing double disadvantage in the participating countries through soft skills development tools focusing on aspects such as self-reflection, transferable skills, communication, leadership, etc.
- Enhanced confidence among women facing double disadvantage in their journey to self-employment, taking advantage of improved (personal) conditions for starting up business
- Increased access of VET trainers and other stakeholders working with disadvantaged women to innovative, dynamic methodologies aimed at supporting women into self-employment.
- Increased access of VET trainers, through the Business Advisors Kit, to European shared knowledge about career support for disadvantaged women, incl. the opportunity to develop their own skills and approaches of organizations in their countries.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.