The main aim of the Gamify Your Teaching project is to support professional development of vocational competences of teachers and trainers of entrepreneurship and to enhance ICT teaching through an innovative pedagogy and approach to teaching with the use of gamification. To achieve this aim, the project puts forward two general objectives:
- to create and test of simulation game with practical elements covering 7 entrepreneurship subject areas
- to create and test methodology (didactic materials for Teachers) of teaching entrepreneurship with the use of the gamification
The project will directly engage VET Teachers from Romania, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, United Kingdom, Spain and Greece. The teachers will participate in various stages of the project expressing opinions and testing didactic materials prepared especially for them. Also the students will be directly involved in activities, defining their expectations regarding the game to be developed, and testing and evaluating the developed game. Direct participation to the project activities is calculated at approx. 600 people.
The content of the game to be developed will be created in 7 subject areas:
- Increasing self-confidence and self-belief
- Understanding if self-employment is right for me
- Goal setting and visualisation
- How to start and run a business from home
- Developing a business model
- Market research
- Role of social media in establishing your business
The services provided by KMOP within the context of this project include the following:
- Contribution to the development of national and transnational needs analysis report delineating the game requirements;
- Contribution to the design of the game that will include 7 modules simulating activities teaching entrepreneurial skills divided into levels, based on scenarios and embedded content about entrepreneurship;
- C-development of didactic materials aiming at supporting teachers in using the game during their entrepreneurship classes;
- Contribution to the collection of at least 35 case studies/ examples of successful businesses which will serve as inspiration and motivation for entrepreneurial education;
- Organisation of a multiplier event in Greece with the aim to present the game and methodology to stakeholders;
- Participation in dissemination and exploitation activities at national and EU level.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.