The project aims to support mental health professionals in entrepreneurial activities and provide them with advanced clinical, social and management skills required for sustainable evidence-based mental healthcare innovation across Europe, with the long-term goal of providing support for shifting partner countries’ hospital based models to community based models in mental health. The project will bring together higher education bodies and active mental healthcare professionals across 6 partner countries.
A dedicated platform implemented by the leading vocational training centre will provide transnational joint e-training and mentoring programme. E-training will provide a robust introduction to entrepreneurial principles and best practices in the mental healthcare sector. It will foster collaborative learning activities on mental health care innovation with hands-on sessions performed simultaneously in all partner countries in English. Also, mentoring activities will couple mental health professionals with matching mentors from an existing pool of experts on community based mental health care and entrepreneurship, providing support tailored to their specific entrepreneurial aspirations and their particular needs and intentions. Learning pathways will be defined through the e-training and mentoring sessions in order for trainees to be able to follow a curriculum tailored to their needs and interests.
The core project activities are as follows:
- Creation of educational resources for entrepreneurial skills development tailored to the identified mental health professionals' needs
- Training seminars on entrepreneurship and innovation towards the adoption of the community based model:
- Designed & implemented based on a transnational collaboration
- Supporting innovative community based initiatives and new business creation in the mental health care sector (day centers or clubhouses, community mental health centers, and self-help groups for mental health)
- Skill focus: Identifying market niches, writing a business plan, presentation skills, risk assessment of business idea, finding funding opportunities on a national and EU level
- One-to-one mentoring sessions for hands-on best practice exchange
- ECVET Certification of non-formal skills
- Establishment of Innovative on-line services for the exchange of business ideas and partnership opportunities
KMOP’s role in the project pertains to the following services:
- Conduct a situation report and needs’ analysis for Greece in order to establish the current legislative and operational framework for mental health care services
- Investigate and report in the social enterprise skills required by mental health care professionals in Greece for the purpose of establishing the type of training necessary for the establishment of viable social enterprises
- Participation in the design of the learning programme addressed to mental health care professionals by contributing its experience in providing employability and entrepreneurship training and establishing and managing social services.
- Participation in the 2nd online training cycle by providing a suitable number of mental health care professionals as participants that will have their social entrepreneurship skills enhanced.
- Creation of the training activities’ evaluation plan by defining appropriate indicators. After the completion of a 1st training cycle the relevant indicators will be assessed according to the evaluation, the training material and activities will be revised according to the criteria established in the evaluation plan and a second cycle will take place.
- KMOP will produce a final evaluation report covering all relevant activities, including the on-lline trainings and the one-to-one mentoring activities.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.